Welcome to Christ Chapel Macon
It is with great joy that we welcome you to our website and tell you a little about us as a local body of believers. Our church began in February of 1995 and has grown into 5 separate campuses that have become oasis’s of hope in their local communities. Our church is a diverse group of believers, from all different races and backgrounds, coming together under the banner of God’s great grace poured out upon us through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Every local fellowship has a distinct something that is their signature, something that seems to always be the constant, coming to the surface in all they say and do. We believe our two things are Love and Authenticity.
Love is the sum of all things; Love God and love people. It is the motive, the continuing force and sum of all we do.
Authenticity: If we love….we want to do it from the heart. If we pray… no pretense. If we worship… we don’t want it to be from form or habit. Sincerity in heart, thought, actions and deeds.
If you are looking for a place to call home then consider this your invitation to come and be a part of our worship experience on Sundays @ 10:00 a.m.
We believe after one visit, you will say with many of us….“This is what I have been looking for all my life!”
In Him, Pastor John Wood
The mission for our church has been the driving force for what we do. Our mission is simply to:
WIN THE LOST / DISCIPLE THE FOUND
MEND THE BROKEN / SEND THE WHOLE
We love people and desire to see them experience God’s amazing grace, encounter His presence and begin to discover that He indeed has a plan for their lives. Nothing thrills us more than seeing each individual discover the love of God and His purpose for them.
Our Core Values
- People matter to God – and to us. (Luke Chapter 15)
- The Gospel message transforms people’s lives. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- The goal of our ministry is to transform people into fully devoted followers of Christ.
(Matthew 28:18-20, Ephesians 4:11-16)
- Ministry and evangelism must be carried out in a relevant way. (1 Corinthians 9:22b)
- People must be treated gently and respectfully. (1 Peter 3:15)
- People need to be connected to a caring community. (Acts 4:34-35)
- Every Christian has a God-given ministry. (Ephesians 4:12)
- Everything we do must be done with excellence. (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Our church must have an evangelistic impact on our community. (Acts 6:7, 1 Thessalonians 1:8)
- To accomplish our mission we must be willing to step out in visionary faith and take risks for God. (Hebrews 11:6)
- WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
- WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior).
- WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
- WE BELIEVE…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
- WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’
Our church is affiliated with the Assemblies of God, a cooperative fellowship of Christian believers, ministers and ministries. For a more detailed description of our beliefs and more on our fellowship, please visit the Assemblies of God website by clicking the button below.
Sunday School for All Ages – Sundays @ 9:00 AM
Sunday Worship Experience – Sundays @ 10:00 AM
365 LIVE Children’s Ministry (Infant – 5th Grade)
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS @ 6:30 PM
Student Ministries Worship Experience – Student Center
Royal Rangers & MPact Girls Clubs (for Boys & Girls of all ages)
Worship Team Rehearsal
Adult Bible Study
Need prayer? Contact our Prayer Ministry Team.
If you are in need of prayer for anything, we would love the opportunity to join our faith with yours. Please fill out the form below and we will be praying for you specifically.
You may also call our prayer HOTLINE at 478-960-0219 if you are in need of immediate prayer. This HOTLINE is for people who would like someone to pray with them or for them for an URGENT need. Someone will be answering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.